Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Thanksgiving

On day we had lots of food, but we needed tons of food. We ran out of veggies first, then noodles, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. The only left-overs we have are desserts and turkey. I wanted left over noodles, but I was happy with having turkey sammiches. YUMMY! I doubt there's any left now, still tons of pie and stuff though.
Anyways, I got up, showered, dressed, and went to help in the kitchen. My help wasn't needed. There were already like five people in there cooking and cleaning. They had everything covered. The kids were outside playing in the snow, we had probably about 7 in the yard and on the porch, and snowballs were inevitable.
Around 2pm people started getting antsy so some of them started eating before everything was done. Finally the mashed potatoes were done (last thing) and so I made a plate for myself. There wasn't anywhere at all to sit, 'cept my bedroom, and that'd be like anti-social or something. I think I changed seats like 5 times because whenever anyone left the room for like a second their seat was stolen, no biggie, I was stealing seats too. Then like 2 hours later people started leaving. James ended up not bringing the baby over, well, he did, but he didn't bring him in the house. Baby Thomas was here though. Oh did I mention that two of my cousins had babies recently? The third is due next month.
Ok, back to Turkey Day. The clean up was horrible. I don't think all the dishes got done until almost midnight! Surprisingly my grandpa didn't hide any ambrosia this year, guess he didn't need to though, it hardly looked touched. Usually it goes really fast and people are trying to take it home with them.
No one brought green bean casserole. We just had regular green beans and they were the only veggie we had. Hence running out of veggies first.
all in all 'twas a pert darn decent day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home