Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Why I Am Annoying

I was talking to someone online the other night about things I do that tick off people around me, it was more of a relationship context but I'll mention things that everyone seems to find annoying.

I toss and turn all night long. I have trouble sleeping most of the time so either I'm all over the bed or I keep getting up and going back to bed all night long. This drove David nuts.
I walk around while brushing my teeth. I hate brushing my teeth at other people's houses because it's just weird to be walking all around someone else's place with a toothbrush in my mouth.
I sing. I sing along to whatever is playing and I occasionally even do it in stores. I don't like that they play music over the PA systems in stores, I feel like a total dork when I start singing along in a public place.
I fidget, I don't know why anyone would care that I fidget, but Dan (guy I dated years and years ago) kept stopping me. Every single time I would even just start to do something fidgety he would make me stop. He drove me nuts.
I say I will do something and then procrastinate about it. I never said it would be done by a certain time, I figure I have all the time in the world, besides, I don't feel like doing it right away. I'm supposed to be sewing a dress, a skirt, a zipper onto a coat, and a quilt right now. I'm also supposed to be filling out the bank thing so I get my money back.
I am messy. I can not contain the clutter. I really don't have much room for all my stuff right now, but even when I had an entire apartment to myself there was clutter everywhere. I try and try to organize...oh well.
I leave the closed captioning on the TV constantly. I don't like having to turn the volume up all the way and I can't understand what's being said when they whisper and/or mumble. I kind of wish people came with closed captioning, it'd be a lot easier to understand what they're saying.
I don't wait for the bath to drain just so I can clean out the drain thingie. Chill, I will clean it out later. If it bothers you so much, clean it out yourself.
I look at people funny when I don't quite catch what they say and some people think I'm looking at them like they're stupid. That's on you, if you're all pissy cause you think someone thinks yer stupid, then you must think it's true. Get some ...ummm... (confidence?) ... and stop gettin' all pissy with me.
My taste in music... Umm... I already mentioned a whole heck of a lot of songs I like. My taste is very eclectic (in more than just music). I blame it on the way I was raised. Some people seem to expect me to always want to listen to a certain type of music, um... No, I like all kinds of music and why just listen to one?
I wear headphones around the house. I have these cordless headphones that I wear all over the house. I've been told I look like a dork wearing them. I don't care though, I can hook them into my stereo, which is hooked into my computer, and listen to my MP3s all over the house. Also, I will know when someone messages me even if I'm in the kitchen. Plus, I can listen to my music as loud as I want and noone is going to say "How can you listen to Staind one minute and John Denver the next?"
Hmmm... What else do I do? Well, there's the PMS, but that doesn't count. Then there's the way I act when I'm sick or feeling icky in some way. I get all needy and whiney and stuff. I don't think I'm all that whiney. I don't think I'm all that needy. I know that I CAN get really bad about it though. I had a relationship go totally bad because of it, but that guy was a real asshole that dragged me to an all day event less than a week after I had a c-section. I still had staples in me. He got all pissy because I kept wanting to sit down. Then everytime I wanted to go somewhere with him he would say something like "Well, the last time I took you, you acted like you hated it and kept sitting down all day long."
I am allergic to things. I know this sounds dingy, "Why would anyone be annoyed at an allergy?" Well, I can't eat corn, I can't eat corn products, and everyone eats corn. Soda pop has corn syrup. Vegetable soup has corn. The movie theaters reek of popcorn. I can't use certain soaps or shampoo, etc. because of the perfumes and dyes in them, so if I'm going to shower at someone else's house I HAVE to bring my own stuff. I know it's weird to take your own soap to someone else's house but I don't want to be itching all day. Also I get kinda annoyed when other people do me the favor of washing my laundry. There is perfume in the laundry soap and the dryer sheets. I have my own stuff that I know will not bother me, please don't use perfume on my clothes. I bring this part up mostly because someone washed my clothes recently and then put them in my room on top of clothes I washed and they got all mixed up. I'm still finding things they washed. Also, when people borrow clothes and then wash them and bring them back they seem a little...um...offended when I put them in the dirty clothes. I can't wear them the way they are though.
Ok, um... what else?
I never make my bed.
If I'm in the middle of a project that requires a lot of paraphenalia and then I leave the house or go to bed, I leave the stuff out (usually in the living room) because I intend to go back to it the next time I'm in there. I'm not making the place all dirty or anything, it just looks lived in. I think that people that come over will be able to understand someone is in the middle of something and that is why there is stuff all over the place. I get bitched at for having stacks of quilt squares all over the living room. It's not like it's scattered all over the place, I make it as neat as I can without putting everything away. Granted though- at my place I never put things away. It was just me there and I didn't care if someone knew I was sewing or painting or whatever.
I've been really bad recently though- I have been leaving my mail in the living room. I don't know why I leave it in there, I haven't even read most of it, I just don't want to bother with it. Most of it is junk mail anyway. So there's this slowly growing pile of junk mail right on the coffee table. It looks just awful.
I think that's about all there is. I mean there may possibly be something else...
Naw, other than that- I'm perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home