Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

2:25 AM

It is TWO FRICKIN TWENTY-FIVE AM and I'm AWAKE! AGAIN! 2:25 AM! Stupid frickin daylight saving time pushed back my 3:30 am unrequested wake-up call to 2:30.
Every once in awhile I get to wake up anywhere between 3:00 and 4:30 am. It always starts at 3:30 ish, stays exactly on time for weeks, then starts to go a little earlier and earlier, or later and later, mostly later and later. Usually I get so annoyed at it that I eventually adjust my sleeping hours so that I don't go to sleep until after 4:30, because it doesn't matter how much sleep I just had (30 minutes or several hours) I will still be woken up at 3:30 am and cannot fall asleep again until at least 5.
Why?
How the Frick should I know why?
It just happens.
I'm so annoyed.
Why can't I sleep all through the night like normal people ? I'm tired, I wanna sleep. I was so tired at 9:30 last night that I stopped chatting with my sweetie pie because I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. 9:30! I don't go to sleep at 9:30! But I was exhausted. I got a whole 5 hours of sleep. Yippeee! I mean that's more than last night, but that was for a good reason. This, THIS is just annoying.
I was having a good dream too. I mean I guess it was technically over, but it was good.
Ok, ok, I'll tell you about it- don't get so excited. Geez!
Ok, I was at this estate sale in the city. I thought it was an estate sale anyways. I was looking through the catalog at the things I wanted to buy, and I saw these books. They were very large and I'm not sure what they were about but I saw this one in there that I just had to have. It was way more than I could pay for a second hand book, and I didn't really have that kind of money to be spending, but I just HAD to have it.
I was looking through the rooms, it was kind of like a warehouse, at all the cool things they had. I found these pretty post cards, and some pretty trinkets. I was trying to decide between the trinkets and the post cards when I spotted the book. It was laying there on top of a stack of books on the floor on the other side of the table from where I was. I couldn't quite reach it from where I was and there was so much furniture in the room it was going to be like a maze trying to get over there. I was afraid though that if anyone saw me trying to climb over the table or whatever that they would wonder what was so great, get there first and then I wouldn't get my book.
I had set some of my things down on this table before I saw the book, and I started gathering my things together, my coffee in one hand, my purse on my shoulder, the things I wanted to buy in another hand, and had just about gotten ready to make my desperate mad dash to the center of this "maze" for MY book. When all of a sudden this chick picks up my book and hands it to this woman that's reclining on the couch right next to the stack of books and asks her to autograph it for her.
WHAT?? WHAT!!! WHAT??!!??
That's my book! MINE!
I was impressed that the author was right there, but I was more concerned with the fact that some other chick was about to take off with MY book. I went to say something to her. I could hardly speak, as soon as I started trying to convince her she should buy another book I started crying. She seemed familiar with the book and didn't want to let go so I could have it. I just kept crying. Then the author of the book was like "You really wanted that book huh? Why don't you go for it? You saw it first, I know you did, you get the book." The other chick reluctantly gave up the book after hearing the author say she wanted me to have it.
I was so happy.
The author wanted to know if I wanted her to autograph it for me, I did, but not yet. I wanted to take it home and read it and cherish it first, she would sign it for me later.
I walked out of the building, holding my book, clutching it to my chest,being all happy, thinking how totally great it was, and was totally content.

What was it about? What does it mean?

Hmm... No clue. Not a single one. No idea what this could possibly mirror. I'm completely lost as to the meaning of this dream. I'm just so confounded for an interpretation.

Sound sarcastic? Maybe a little. Am I going to explain? Nope.
Then I started the transition to another dream and before the next one started I woke up. At 2 frickin 30 AM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home