Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Repeated Names

I just realized I was talking about one Dan in one post and in the very next post I was talking about another one.
I don't want to freak anyone out here, but (brace yourself) -There is more than one Dan in the world.
GASP!
There's also more than one guy named John, more than one Shawn, and more than one David. I know. It's totally mind blowing. I bet there's even some other chick out there with my name!
Ok, yeah, I'm being overly sarcastic here.
I just kind of realized how often the names of guys I've dated repeat. I've dated a Marc and a Mark. I've kissed, dated, or made out with so many guys named Shawn or Sean I don't even want to count (3 or 4). I think there was only one guy named John though. Whoa, now that IS weird, considering how popular the name is.
Several people that I know, mostly my family, got confused when I mentioned Dan for the first time. I don't know why they immediately thought I was talking about the Dan I dated years ago, I mean they don't jump to such conclusions when other names repeat. Ok, well, I guess there is a little confusion when I say something about anyone named Shawn because there are so many of them. Still, it's usually "Which one are we talking about?" not an assumption about which one.
I don't really know why I even bother to post this. I'm just typing to hear myself type. I'm bored and haven't talked on the phone at all.
OOPS! OMG! I can't believe I did that. I totally forgot to call Wes. I promised I would call around 6pm and I didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home