Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Friday, December 10, 2004

Updates

Ok, let's see...
Ben Franklin is now closed, or at least the store near my house. I went to their store closing sale several times. I got a bunch of fabric and paint and a few other things. If I had thought about it I would have bought several yards of one fabric, I could have made some kick ass curtains. They were already out of joints and noses but I'm pretty much stocked up on those. Since they didn't have any black paint I bought some full price from another store. I now have almost every color I can think of that I might wanna use. I could use some more red paint but I have three shades already. I now have so much blue it's ridiculous, three shades of purple, two greens, an orange, white and black. I have black!!!!! I have other colors, but I've had those for a while. I need canvas, I'm not running out or anything, just kind of want a higher quality canvas.
Oh hey-

I'll get better pics once it dries, the true color is somewhere in between those two. This painting was a pain in the booty. I swear there must be like 5 layers of paint on that canvas. I just kept having this blockage whenever I tried to paint on it.
I'm really wanting to go to a hardware store and get some MDF so I can make my own canvas panels, so far I haven't gotten around to it though.
I also need to make a wet canvas carrying box. Not that I wanna carry them around all over the place, but I need to put them somewhere until they dry, they take up so much room.
I finished my trunk, I hope I coated it enough. It's drying in the garage right now because it stinks. It'll be there until sometime next week.

I will take better pictures once it's back inside the house. Also I didn't get to take any of the shelf yet.
....
All my Christmas presents are bought and almost all of them are wrapped. Hopefully I won't buy any more. I did have all my shopping done and all the presents were wrapped, then I went to a store. I only meant to get something for Alex's birthday, then I saw these oh too cute frogs that Angie would love. Then I thought "Hey, I didn't get anything for ____." and couldn't leave him out, I mean I got everyone else presents.
....
Oh yeah, I am making chocolate covered peanuts and peanut butter cups, not tonight- but soon. Also thinking about making this cake my grandparents like I think it's called "pig in a poke cake" not sure though...It has fluffy frosting and fruit in it, it's yummy.
Grandpa isn't feeling all that well. I had to help him into the house the other day because his leg went numb and he felt really weak. I'm glad I was here. I'm glad Grandma was here or I wouldn't have known since I was on the other side of the house and didn't hear him.
....
I have all of Geoffrey's presents wrapped and waiting to be sent off but now I have to wait for Marc to give me the address. Hopefully he gets online soon, I would like for him to have the presents for Christmas, not New Year's.
He's getting a bunch of Hot Wheels stuff, a game from my mom, and some army action figure type thing from Missy.
....
I got presents for just about everyone, even people I don't know that well and I know aren't getting gifts for me. I couldn't help it though. I would see something that looked cool then I'd be all "Who would like this?" and then I'd think of someone not on my list.
I so totally meant to give paintings as presents and just paintings for some people. That didn't happen. Angie is getting a painting, Alex is getting a painting, my Grandma is getting a painting, and possibly my mom though I haven't decided yet. My grandma said I should give a painting to my dad, I really don't know if he'd like any of these though. He is always surprising me, so I could be wrong...
....
Ok, just finished wrapping presents. I still have some paintings to wrap if I decide to give them out, other than that I should be done.

I found blank canvases so I think I'll paint a little more tonight.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home