Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Monday, January 31, 2005

Strange Dream

I had a very odd dream recently. I didn't blog it because I had it shortly after my grandpa died. I'm not sure if it was that night or the next night...

I don't remember the whole thing, what I remember is - I was talking to some guy, I'm not sure what it was about, I didn't know the guy, I didn't know his friend though they both reminded me in small ways of people I know, for some reason I looked down at my chest.
I had a splinter in the center of my chest somewhat above my breasts. It was a small splinter and I tried to remove it without having to resort to tweezers. It started coming out, it was a lot larger than I thought. It just kept coming and coming. It was a huge splinter. It had to have been like 2 feet long and it got a lot wider about 1/2 an inch from the top of it. My chest hurt while I was pulling it out and once it was completely out there was this raw ache where it had been. It hurt and I was relieved to have it out yet I thought it might not have been a good idea to have removed it. I was completely focus on this splinter, the guy and his friend kept trying to get my attention but I was focused on the splinter and I think I said something like "Don't you find this odd?" and went back to staring at this huge wooden spike that I had just pulled out of my chest. At one point I was trying to think of what to call it - "splinter" ? I don't think so - more like spike or stake. I got stuck on "stake".... I started thinking it was like a stake and it was in my chest yet it wasn't going through my chest, it was pointed downward, like a splinter, just under the skin... Then I started thinking about the symbolism and blah blah blah and woke myself up by thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home