Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Friday, January 14, 2005

I went to a lumber yard yesterday to see if I could get some MDF to make my own canvases. I called ahead to make sure they had it in stock. I got there and found out their saw blade is bent so they couldn't cut it for me. It's a 4 foot by 8 foot sheet. There's no way I could have brought it home even if I knew how to use grandpa's table saw. So... I am going to wait a few days and call back. If it isn't fixed then I'll probably call another lumber yard or something. Also I need to find out what else I need to prepare them.
I also went to a hobby store and got some yellow. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get the very last little bit of paint out of a tube without getting it all over you? I took a little detour through the fabric department and just had to get some fabric for my quilts. It's really pretty. I got this orange/pink fabric and this blue/green/yellow flowery fabric.
I'll probably have tons of free time soon since the rate for the cable modem goes up next month and apparently we can't get DSL in my area yet and my monitor is about to go kablooey. Just lettin y'all know so you don't wonder too much when I disappear for weeks at a time. Hopefully it won't be months. The DSL is hooked up but it isn't working yet. I don't know how long it'll be before it's all set up. As for the monitor...I don't know. If my grandpa gets better soon and everything then I shouldn't have too much trouble replacing the monitor. If not then I have to save up money to move and also pay part of all the utilities and buy food for the house more often. Money will be tight. The gas bill this month is around 250 dollars. We are trying to cut back on things. Turning off lights when leaving a room, setting the thermostat just under 70 degrees, not leaving water running, etc. Hopefully next month won't be so bad.
I really don't want to have to move. I don't know where I would move to. I need to go back to school and I don't think I coudl afford it if I lived on my own. Plus I have to save money back for a car.
Blah.
To end on a good note-
I GOT YELLOW WHOOOO HOOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home