Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Sunday, January 09, 2005

*****Sigh*****

Ok, my grandpa has been in the hospital for about 3 1/2 weeks now.
They operated on his colon. He got a staph infection from the IV in his neck. The staph infection went away. Then he got a bacterial infection. They said he may die from it and it was contagious and he went into the ICU. His kidneys shut down then he could't breathe on his own. They put him on a ventilator. The doctor told us that if any family members wanted to see him they should do it soon because he may only have a day or two. Then he got better. They took him off the ventilator and started dialysis. They moved him to another room in the ICU. He was doing great. He was alert and talking and everything. Then the next thing I know he's back on the ventilator and his white blood cell count is way too high and they were talking about another operation. Now the doctor said there is a way around the operation which is good because the odds weren't looking too good. Everyday there's something else. One day he's getting better and the next....
My uncle made arrangements just in case.
I don't think I could handle it if he were to die. I'm so stressed already. Half the time I can't eat and feel sick to my stomache and the other half I'm getting my hopes up just to have them dashed the next day. I want to go and see him again but the roads have been icy. Hopefully I'll get out to visit him tomorrow.
The last I heard he was doing better and his white blood cell count was going back to normal and things are looking good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home