Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Christmas

I woke up Christmas eve after having 3 hours of sleep.
As soon as I was pretty mush awake enough I started getting things ready. Angie put the turkey in the oven. I peeled the potatoes, got the green beans ready, etc. I had to reheat several things a few times because the turkey wasn't done when it was supposed to be. Then finally everything was done and we ate dinner.
It was very very yummy.
We opened presents.
Angie's kids really liked all their gifts. Everyone seemed to like what I got them. My mom acted like she was going to cry when she opened my gift.
Caitlyn liked what my mom got for her. She seemed to like one of the gifts I got for her.
My grandma opened the chocolates I got for her and grandpa since grandpa is still in the hospital and can not have solid foods right now.
I got a snow globe and some fudge. Two kinds of fudge in the package and I can't eat one of them due to corn syrup.
I spent all of my money on presents. I have 10 dollars to last me a week. I got two presents. 2, count them- one, two. Wow! OMG!
I don't want to sound all ungrateful or anything but..... Did I do something wrong? Did I piss off Santa? What did I do to not deserve any presents?
The snow globe is from my mom and Missy. Missy had spent too much and my mom decided to pay half and they'd say the gifts were from both of them. My mom still bought everyone ELSE another present. Angie got what Missy got for her plus a steamer. I didn't get a "plus". Where's my "plus"???
Honestly I didn't really even think about it until my dad asked me what I got, I told him, and he said "And...? That can't be all you got, that's only two presents!"
Seriously, if someone could possibly enlighten me as to what I did to my family to make them forget me for Christmas I'd really appreciate it.


__________________________________________________
Edited to include the following-

About an hour after I got that off my chest I started to actually think about it. I knew 3 months ago that Christams was going to be hard on everyone and not to expect any presents. I bought so many presents for other people becuase I knew they prolly wouldn't get many presents if I didn't. I also spent a whole heck of a lot of money on myself. I bought a camera, 7 DVDs, some books, a book mark, etc., and with each purchase I made for myself I was thinking about Christmas. Not that I thought of them as Christmas presents, but I did think of them as presents for myself.
As I said I didn't think much about not getting many presents until it was brought to my attention. I was just in a post-Christmas rush doldrum type of place when I wrote this.
To everyone I bitched to about this- I am really sorry. Forgive me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home