Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

4 O'clock

Today at 4 pm they are going to shut off the life support.
All of my grandfather's organs either have shut down or are in the process of shutting down.
He is in a great deal of pain and when the morphine wears off all he does is moan and he looks like he's in so much pain.
It would be just cruel to make him suffer. I can't take the expression on his face when the morphine wears off. Anyone can clearly see what pain he's in. He was never one to be stopped by pain. He'd get hurt and either not say a thing or just go "Ow." and then go on with what he was doing. For him to be in this kind of pain...
I don't want my grandpa to die.
I also don't want him in this kind of pain while he slowly dies.
My aunt says we should just wait and not take away the life support...
If there were any way he could still make it through this, even if it were a one in a million chance that he'd be back to his normal self again I'd say "WAIT!"
That's not going to happen though.
He can not make it unless God granted a miracle.
4 O'Clock this afternoon. I should have been prepared for this. We should have known, or at least really prepared for this. Everyone kept thinking he was going to get better. We knew that even though he would get better for awhile he would also get worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home