Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Cool

I went to this sale yesterday and got a whole bunch of frames for about a dollar a piece. When I got home I immediately started to figure out which painting to put in which frame, of course. I didn't decide on all of them, but I did find a cool frame for "Hair" which is good since it's one of my favs. I also found this great picture. I don't know who painted it because the person that framed it covered up the sig and I can't read it.
I'm thinking about looking it up on the net. I think I might like it even more than the Monet. Did I tell you about the Monet? It's kinda dark and the new one is much brighter. Odd since the new one is.. well, I'll describe it for you.
OK. If you were standing where it looks like the artist must have been standing there would be water on your right. I think it might be a river. There is a man in a boat taking something out of the water. In front of you would be coils of rope on the side of the road, people walking, a man with a horse talking to another man who is standing in a doorway and a woman stooping in another doorway. In the background there are more people, more buildings, a clock tower, a pretty tree, and a man standing on the bridge over the water. The wind is blowing hard from the left. The clouds are dark and it is either raining or has just finished raining and the sun is casting shadows from left to right, though I have absolutely no clue where it's coming from. Of course it's to the left, but to be casting the shadows in the painting... I guess the sun would be to the left and slightly behind you. ... no that can't be- the shadows from the bridge railings aren't right for that... Ok I'm totally ruining my painting for me. :(
ANyways, it's beautiful and I really wanna display it on the wall. I just have to find a spot for it. I'll probably take down this picture of flowers. The vase the flowers are in always bothers me when I look at it too closely- it's crooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home