Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The Mall

OK, I got back back from a mall trip with Angie. I don't have much time right now so I won't go into much detail (until I edit this later) , BUT I am so happy- not only do I have new paint, new brushes and new canvas, I can use my camera again!!

Ok, now I have time. I can't sleep yet. I have a bunch of new paint, which is good because I ran out of blue. I didn't think I needed gloss medium because I had this whole big jar full of it, but when I went to use it tonight it destroyed a painting. It was bad, it smelled like ammonia and I didn't notice because there is this funky ammonia smell in this room anyway from the bad paint I had to throw away the other day. Now I have no gloss :( so sad. But I did paint three more canvases and I like them. I don't have pics of them yet though.
I also took 6 black and whites of different things I felt looked interesting. Texture/contrast type of things. I am already wanting to hurry up and develop those pics, but it will take me awhile to use the whole roll. I hope I don't get too impatient.
I was thinking about breaking out the oil paint and seeing what I could do with that, but I wouldn't be able to clean my brushes if I did. :( I didn't think about that when I was at the store. I got all caught up in the acrylics and the fact that I found socks for a third of their regular price and just had to get them.
Seriously I do not think it's the least bit weird to love the feel of new socks, it might be a teensy bit weird to keep new socks on hand and not wear them until you really need a "new sock pick me up". It's my sock drawer- who cares if I wear the socks right away or not?? Imagine this-
You have been on your feet all day long, walking for miles and miles, your feet are so sore they are burning, they are throbbing, they are killin' you. You come home, take off your shoes "AHHHHHHH, YEAH...." You take off you socks "OOOOOOOH BLISS." Your feet are still hot and sore and throbbing, but they feel better. You soak your feet (words and sounds cannot even describe what you feel). Your feet still feel a little "off". You rub a little cool lotion on them "OOOOH DEAR GOD! WOW! OOH OOH OOH. OW OW, OOOOOH ." Now your feet feel great, but you can not subject them to the harsh floor, your feet deserve better. They take you all over the place. They deserve to be in cushy new socks. Socks that have never ever been through the wash, never been stepped on, whose soft cushy nap has not been smashed down from walking around in them over and over again. You put your new fluffy cushy socks on your freshly relaxed tootsies "AAAAAAAAH yeah that's the stuff." You no longer care about how much you had to walk that day, or how much you had to stand around. Now I wouldn't suggest doing this on a daily basis, not only would it no longer be this great reward for your feet, but hey- waste isn't good, and you would end up with 365 pairs of slightly used socks after only one year.
My feet hurt. I'm about to go to bed though and new sock bliss would only last for like 30 minutes...
Oh yeah- derrrrr. I ran into Tonya again today, while at the mall. She had lost my number, and I had forgotten to call her again, so it was good to run into her again.
I finally had someone explain my camera to me :) Yeah I felt like an idjit not knowing how to work a simple little camera, but hey- the ones I've had before weren't like that and I was confused... I know still a bit of an idjit. I loaded the film when I got home.
I don't like the pretzel place they have at that mall. Their pretzels taste like they've been fried. Pretzels are supposed to be all yummy and soft and doughy and salty, NOT fried and greasy. :( But they were still good, just wanted the other kind. :)
Finally had to remove my nail polish, dark pink with splashes of green, black (etc.) acrylic paint is not the look I was originally going for...
Blah, I don't know that I can think of anything else to say. I don't want to go to bed yet...
I guess I will though- g'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home