Why I sigh

Personal junk, things I think are funny, sad stuff, happy stuff, just my life as I see it + lots of dreams. (Disclaimer- Not everything that appears in this blog is 100% accurate.)

Friday, August 27, 2004

Ria

I have a friend named Ria, she has only months, possibly weeks left. I will miss her when she is gone. I have only known her for a short amount of time, but I love her, she's great. She is so funny, so happy every time I see her. It could have something to do with her medication and the fact that she has decided to spend the rest of her days completely sloshed, but still she's sweet. I totally understand why she drinks, I would too in her shoes.
She has cancer, she's been fighting for a long time. She was supposed to go to the doctor this week sometime to get a better idea of how much time to expect. I haven't heard from her since last Friday, I wonder if she's ok. I can't call her, I am so bad about losing phone numbers and I never remember them.
She made me promise not to cry for her, not to worry about her or mourn her death. I told her that I wouldn't, that I would miss her, but that I would know that she is in a better place now. That she will be happy and without pain or suffering, surrounded by happiness in heaven.
Of course I will cry. She will be dead. She will be gone. She is so young, only about 40, but then I do believe in heaven, so I will be happy for her in that sense...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home